This post is also available in: Português
You might have noticed that some email clients change phone numbers and email addresses to links, which leads to a new message or opening a Google Hangouts call.
This is very common with Google
How to prevent a text by link change
This is a
- If you enter a telephone number, add a link with the option tel:(your number here)
- If you have an address in your signature, add a Google Maps link;
- You add an email address, add a
mailto:(your email address here) link;
In short, you’ll paste the email signature into the email client, with the link already set up. With that, the platform won’t make any changes.
Note that in the example, I’m selecting the full phone text.
Watch a complete video showing how to prevent a text-to-link change in some email clients.
Read more details of how to add a telephone link into your email signature:
- How to add a phone link to your email signature;
- How to add an email link to your email signature;
- How to remove blue links from your Gmail signature;
If you need any clarification or difficulties, please get in touch with our support.